Exam (manual or electronic)
During the semester one homework will be offered which contributes to the final course grade by 20%
- Wind induced loadings on civil structures like buildings, bridges, slender towers etc.
- Describe the meteorologic context, the topography and the building surrounding for the location of interest
- The aerodynamic behaviour which is mainly influenced by the buildings' shape, geometry and permeability has to be analyzed in detail
- Statistical analysis of the characteristic load values for local elements (like claddings or roof elements)
- Calculate the dynamic properties of simple dynamic systems
- The dynamic response of slender structures due to wind load effects